Your synthetic and/or human hair Wig or Topper requires special care if you want to keep its fibers shiny, healthy and flexible. We recommend “Synthetic Wig/Topper Hair Care Products for synthetic wigs and toppers” as well as "Human Hair Wig or Topper Hair Care Products for human hair wigs or toppers. These wigs and topper hair care products are specifically designed for human and synthetic wigs or toppers. You can find wig/topper hair care products at Renee’s Hair Boutique.
WIG OR TOPPER HAIRCARE TIPS:
- Before cleaning your wig/topper or smoothing out kinks, delicately brush the wig/topper with a brush designed for synthetic fibers.
- In a basin filled with cold water, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of “Wig/Topper Hair Care Shampoo” for synthetic fibers, and/or human hair fibers, then fully immerse your wig/topper. Be careful: using hot or warm water could alter wig/topper setting.
- Gently shake wig/topper, but DO NOT lather too much. DO NOT scrub wig/topper. Let wig/topper rest in the basin for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Replace soapy water in the basin by clean cold water, and immerse wig/topper until shampoo is completely rinsed out.
- Repeat these steps with the wig/topper conditioner.
- Place wig/topper in a towel and gently press out excess water. DO NOT scrub. Set wig/topper to air dry. DO NOT put your wet wig on a wig stand as it can stretch the wig cap.
- Once the wig or topper is fully air-dried, then you can put the wig or topper on the wig stand.
- If you are using a “Wig Conditioning Mist” you can spray over wet human or synthetic fibers, keeping the bottle 10 to 12 inches away from the wig/topper. DO NOT rinse.
- Let wig/topper dry off on wig stand or towel rack etc. NOTE: DO NOT put a wet wig/topper on a Styrofoam head as it can stretch out your wig, this is not recommended. The only drying method recommended is air-drying, and this should take about two hours. After your wig/topper is fully dried, you can place on a Styrofoam head for styling.
- The setting of your wig/topper will return once the wig/topper is dry. You can shake your wig/topper to give it more volume, run your fingers through it and gently untangle it. DO NOT untangle before it is completely dry.
- Avoid using hair dryers, curling irons or any devices that may radiate HEAT. Heat can make fibers dry up or burn, or alter wig/topper setting.
- Applying hair spray or gel may tarnish synthetic fibers. USE ONLY hair styling products designed specifically for human hair or synthetic wigs/toppers.
We hope that you enjoy your new Wig or Topper!